Monday, May 23, 2011

You Never Know When It's Your Turn

Tornado Damage in Joplin, Missouri

I was watching "The Weather Channel" when all of this unfolded...we have become so immune to tragedies on TV that this could have been just another one to me. Problem was the scope of the destruction, Mike Bettes from "The Weather Channel" live on-scene immediately after the tornado getting emotional, and knowing a lot of people died. Personally, the place I wanted to retire to in my life was Joplin, Missouri. I can remember passing through Joplin on cross-country trips and thinking how full of Americana Joplin was. It was just one of those places that did it for me. And now it's pretty much destroyed. I guess in my first post what I said was true, "The only thing permanent in this life is change."

No comments:

Post a Comment