Sunday, May 29, 2011

Twitter Trends...Phenomenom or Way-of-Life?


If you're like me, you tend to rebel at new things...rule changes in the NHL (unless you like them), elected presidents (again, same thing), and even a new wife (I digress before I get in trouble!). Until this last month, I never used Twitter but once when I sent @ochocinco a "Hey, how ya doin'?". Anyway, chances are you're here on this page through Twitter or my wife's Nail Blog or even both. So, maybe Twitter is a good thing.

Recently, I found a website called Trendsmap which shows you what people around the world are "tweeting' about in a real-time cloud-type map. Hmmm, I thought maybe I can use this to plan my trending topic of the day by checking the "twitter trends" of the day. Only problem is the topics keep changing! Today's news becomes yesterday's paper in only hours. Unless you're Lady Gaga (the barrage only gets worse, and that dude's no LADY! "insert Jerry Lewis' voice"), Wikileaks (don't worry, it will be back! The shame of it all!"), or Bin Laden's couriers ( they may be sleeping right now, but they wake up soon!).

No comments:

Post a Comment